Do you ever wonder why there are certain smells that you just love? Like the smell of the air after a rain shower, or the fresh morning spring flowers! The aromas from plants, flowers and trees actually affect our physical body. The aroma expressed from these plants, flowers and trees enter our olfactory sense and make it to our Limbic system and our completely in our blood stream with 20 seconds. That is amazing to me!
Once they are in our body they have a powerful impact on our emotions. They can actually change your nervous system biochemistry and influence your sympathetic nervous system.
Certain oils are found to be stimulating, while others were found to be calming.
Here are my favorite mood boosters.
- Lemon: supports concentration and also provides calming and clarifying properties that are helpful to focus or remain calm throughout the day.
- Lavender: this essential oil has calming properties that support a healthy nervous system and promote good emotional and sleep habits.
- Stress Away: calming and relaxing properties that support a healthy nervous system and keeping everyday stress away. It’s like being on an island in the Caribbean. Well almost!
- Cinnamon: The stimulating properties in cinnamon can help fight mental fatigue and improve concentration and focus. Warm and fuzzy feelings.
- Peppermint: let the aroma of peppermint surround you throughout the day to stimulate your nervous system. An energy booster, peppermint invigorates the mind, supports concentration and stimulates clear thinking.
Do you have any special oils that you use to boost your mood? I’d love to know!