Soooo, some mornings are crazy, am I right? And if you’re anything like me sometimes it can be hard to find the time for a healthy breakfast. Today was one of those days!!! I had to leave the house early and wouldn’t get back home until late afternoon. I needed something that would sustain me and something that was portable yet tasty.
Enter yummy Oatmeal Breakfast Cupcakes! They are so good and easy to mix up. Plus you can totally adjust any extra additions to your tastes. This was the first time I’ve experimented with this recipe and I’m looking forward to trying it again with some different add-in’s next time! Have fun and enjoy!
- 5 cups rolled oats
- 2 bananas – mashed
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 2/3 cups water
- 1/4 cup coconut or veg oil
- 2 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 drops each of cinnamon bark vitality & nutmeg vitality essential oil
- Optional: 5 tablespoons pure maple syrup or raw honey
- Optional: cinnamon, shredded coconut, chopped walnuts, ground flax or wheat germ, raisins, dried cranberries, mini chocolate chips or other dried fruit, etc.
- I also added about ¼ cup peanut butter for extra yum!
Preheat oven to 380 degrees, and line 24-25 cupcake tins. In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients and stir well. In a separate bowl, combine and stir all wet ingredients (including banana). Mix wet into dry, then pour into the cupcake liners and bake 21 minutes. These oatmeal cakes can be eaten right away, or they can be frozen and reheated for an instant breakfast on a busy day.